Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 10:22 PM   #17
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I'm not sure on the 3012. I think it is a battery thing and no other constraint like the surge time is.
With the ags, which is controlled by the circuirltry of my inverter, I think it could go quite a while.

Anyone have a guess on how much battery would be used to add, say, 10 volts ac to the system for we'll say 48hours of bad shore power?
I'm thinking the standard two 24 series batteries would last a pretty long time before the generator kicked in(if it ever did. I'm sure the charger is working while the circuit is back feeding, so it could be months and months and months of time, if ever. I don't think a charger is too temperamental about input voltage variations.)

Except for parasitic, I think it would be like those tiny little 12v plug in inverters time wise.

Something else a 3012 can do when using an optionally available circuit:
It will selectively turn off circuits if the power gets low. You set the circuits, nine of them I think, telling it which order to turn them off either wholly or temporarily.
So the ac stays on and the coffee pot goes off and the lights stay on but the TV turns off.....

Seems life saving when you live off grid and have a cpap.

'coffees ready! Dads dead!'
Or
dammit dad! Your cpap kicked the coffee pot off of the inverter again! We need new batteries'
The inverter does not "add voltage" to the AC buss, it picks up some of the load of the AC buss so you have less load (amperage) from the other AC source reducing the line loss (I squared R losses) which raises voltage. It actually does this by raising frequency on the inverter but that's beyond the scope here. So your question has too many variables in the system to answer in general terms.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum