Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
BradnKaren

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
Angry 2017 Challenger 37LX needs major repairs

Husband and I are original owners. We bought it exactly 3 years ago, and have put 12,000 miles on it. I've been a big supporter of Thor and of our Challenger here. We do love a lot about our RV.

HOWEVER. In the last year soft spots have been popping up in the floor along the full wall slide. First noticed in the bedroom, initially it just felt like some uneven spots and only noticed when the throw rugs were not in place. We thought it might be due to some work we had done on the slide. Then late last last year I noticed it was VERY soft all around the drivers seat. Further inspection reveals we have many soft areas all along the full wall slide, nearly the length of the RV. We have never had any visible leak.

We took it in to have it looked at and get an estimate for repair by a good friend who owns an RV repair business. It appears there is a leak somewhere that has been soaking and damaging the OSB sub floor under the vinyl. To repair would require the full wall slide to be pulled, all the vinyl removed, leak found and repaired, and all the damaged OSB board replaced with plywood, and new vinyl installed. Estimate about $8,000. ON A THREE YEAR OLD RV.

We tried calling the Thor tech support number to ask about having it repaired at the factory at least 3 times in the last 2 months. Each time they say we have to talk to a service manager and the call is transferred. No one picks up so we leave a message about scheduling a trip to the factory. NO ONE has called us back.

Thor was good and prompt about handling all our warranty work the first year, but apparently after that they don't want to know you. For all the cheering I have done for Thor (and you can search my posts here over the last 3 years) I will be doubly vocal about the repairs and costs was are now facing on a 3 year old 6 figure RV and their zero communication with us currently.

All that said, has anyone else with a similar model or year had the same issue with soft sub floor with no outward visible leaks?? How did you repair, how much was the cost, and where was the leak?

Signed, no longer a happy Thor camper.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum