Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 09:15 PM   #16
Ohiomike

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #16508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferf View Post
We have a 2018 Thor ACE 30.2 and travel with kids 4 and 6 and our golden doodle. Here are few things we have seen over the last 2 years and 15k miles.
  1. Our dining table broke free from the wall multiple times, a side effect of using car seats for the kids and them using the table many hours while driving
  2. I have had a clogged toilet probably every third trip out (kids have a hard time understanding the toilet works differently). I carry a clean-out tool with me now too
  3. The area under the sofa is wasted space and covered by a removable panel. We fit 3 big rubbermade totes under there and store all food in them. they are held in with a piece of 1x2 screwed to the ground on the front side
  4. Our RV has 2 places where screws are popping through the linoleum, one under the driver and one in front of the bunks. I had to cut through the floor and glue/screw them back in
  5. The outlets below the TV in the master worked but the USB ports did not
  6. We had speakers installed that had screw holes poked in them
  7. The bottom bunk sleeps hot (furnace ducts under the bunk)
  8. There is no easy cupholder for your copilot, so be prepared to install one
  9. You should DEFINITELY do the CHF (cheap handling fix). It is a free game changer for the handling of the RV with wind and passing vehicles
  10. You should verify with a level that your auto-leveling system is configured at the dealer if you don't want to figure it out on your own.
  11. The grill on ours (and many others like ours) squeals at 50-70mph. The dealer can replace the grill with a different one to make it go away. We wrapped ours in window screen and it stopped. Made vehicle impossible to drive between 50-70mph without getting a headache
  12. Temperature changes can cause a lot of moisture buildup on the front window and will drip a good amount on the dash (to the point of pooling).
  13. You will always forget common things like gas tank size, black tank size, grey tank size, tire pressure, etc. Make a laminated sheet for reference
  14. The wet bay is not heated, so if you are a winter camper, search the forums for tips. Some people put light bulbs in there and use heated hoses so the water pump doesnt freeze, for example
  15. Dealer had to replace our stereo in the first year, just stopped working
  16. Hot/cold lines were reversed in the kitchen on delivery

There were a few dealer/model issues in there, but generally, we are still in love with ours. For what I consider an entry level class A, it is awesome. There are a lot of cheap parts, but it get us comfortably between point a and point b, and we enjoy the rest of the time outside.

Good luck!

Do you mind sharing a pic of the adjustment that you made to use under couch for storage?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.