Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 08:37 PM   #24
DangerousDan

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 Windsport 31Z
State: South Carolina
THOR #15622
2018 Windsport 31Z engine and road noise

Sorry I have been remiss in posting results of my "experiment/modification." I decided to work under the floorboard (under the driver and passenger seats). Being new the coach was clean. First I did clean then "paint" on a decking preservative. This is "Deck Over" and has been a God send for my deck so I put on two thick coatings. I then used the adhesive backed Dynamat, 3/4 inch thick. Then I put on a 1/4 inch foam with reflective foil on both sides. I glued that on using 3M High Strength "90" adhesive. The Dynamat was in sections leaving seams but the 1/4 inch was one piece. Adhesive was rolled on thick and once the 1/4 inch foam was attached, I rolled it all over to make sure every square inch was glued. In a test prior to doing anything, I had 73 db sound at passenger seat. After the modification described above, the reading was 51 db. Yes, same speed on same stretch of road etc. etc. No more heat (nor cold) from the floor. I now hear noise created by cabinets and doors inside the coach. I am working on that piecemeal.
For handling, Sumo springs were installed front and rear, steering stabilizer was installed and tire pressure lowered from 110 to 90 lbs. All of this made a world of difference, positive difference. I am now working on noise thru the walls as well as non related issues.
Thanks to all on the forum that provided information. Dan

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.