Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 02:52 PM   #4
TheDustyGeek

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
Grace - I did a quick search and couldn't find anything conclusive, but in one review of a 2019 Axis 25.6, I saw something in the bottom of the left hanging wardrobe in the bedroom which looks like it could be the DVD player.

A Connex SB26 seems to be a sound bar, so it would most likely be attached to the bottom of one of the TVs, possibly the outside one based on another Axis review I ran across.

===

Regarding taylorbob1's comment about needing DVD units for each TV, our unit (not Axis) came standard with a video splitter/switch that looks/functions identical to this one:
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15866
(just an example and occasional customer, no other affiliation)

It can have up to 2 HDMI inputs and it sends whichever input is selected to all the TVs connected to the HDMI outputs. There are bigger/badder models where you can have more TVs or more inputs, sends the HDMI signal over CAT6 cabling, or individually select the input on a per TV basis. I've thought about the latter, but we don't use the TV enough to justify the cost.

For us, we have a Blueray player on input 1, Raspberry Pi media Center on input 2 and the outside, living room, bedroom TVs on the HDMI outputs.
Depending on our needs at the time, I may swap the DVD player input with a Chromecast.

The only challenge to this setup is that you need to home-run an HDMI cable from each TV to the media cabinet and I'm not sure they do that in all coaches.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.