Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 07:19 PM   #20
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I think the cost of a monthly site being discussed would be costly. I have seen many cg with a storage area for mh. I'll assume this is a lot cheaper but not sure if power is available

Only way to know any of this is to start planning where you want to leave it and find a cg that you like

Jerry
Agree with Jerry. I’ve been in many campgrounds with storage areas which shouldn’t be as expensive. Most looked like an open field where you could park an RV.

As to fridge, if you can’t get a 15A (or higher) land line, solar might work depending on time of year, etc. Your unit probably has auto gen start so that’s an option, although I’m not sure I’d want generator starting on a regular basis without me being there.

================================

My wife and I can fly very very inexpensively, so have done it before in combination with RVing in different ways. Not for long periods as you plan, but we have discussed doing something very similar when we can get away for longer periods in future (not an option at present due to other commitments).

If we stay with a van, our plan is to park it at airport and fly home to check on house, get mail, see doctors, etc. After a few days to a week, we’d fly back and continue the journey. We normally have had at least one dog, but not at present. That would complicate matters because we would not leave him/her anywhere while traveling home for a few days. For that reason we want to tour the northwest and Alaska before adopting another.

Sorry to digress. I like your plan except for dealing with pets. That would be a major issue for us also.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.