Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Chassis battery
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 12:30 AM   #12
Mr.Good

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Ventana LE
State: Tennessee
THOR #16834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
Hi
Same issue can’t find parasitic load on the chassis battery. Added a battery cutoff between the ground post of the battery and ground strap. Seems to work.
I do not think our chassis battery is charged when connected to shore power.

The chassis battery can be drained by ECM and other small current drains if it is not disconnected when you store your RV. Some things that I found the hard way that drain mine:
  • ECM has a 10 minute shutdown period after turning off the engine.
  • Remote keyless door locks for the 2 front doors
  • Front Chassis Dome lights.
When I first got our MH, I didn't know any better to use the chassis battery disconnect and learned the hard way, the night before we were to leave on a trip. Since my MH is kept in a secure storage lot with no power available for a trickle charger, I pull the chassis disconnect (have to wait 10 minutes or next time to start you get a Check Engine light). In warm weather, it's not so much an issue, but these cold temps don't help it keep the power needed to crank the diesel.

When I store the MH, I most always flip the Use/Store toward Store and pull the chassis disconnect. Haven't had any problems, since.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.