Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 07:41 PM   #13
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
yes, a leaking hydraulic system can potentially allow a leg to start dropping. If this happens, the system is also designed to recognize it, and immediately turn on the panel and use the 'emergency' retraction if the RV is in motion.

having said that, the other day we were making our way back from several days of travel, and suddenly my LCI Level Up panel came on, started it's 'emergency' beeping, and within a few seconds of me even realizing 'what' was making all this noise, it went back off.
I've had this happen maybe once before. It happened after many, many travels and leveling and usage of the system without any issues - just out of the blue, and while driving, sometimes at 60mph ... crazy.
Could it be that a leg was NOT really out of place? I suspect so. I suspect that something else could have triggered this - it's electronics, it's 12v powered, and you can guess that it's not always going to be exactly perfect.
The same thing has happened when I've gotten ready to leave, fired up the coach, but forgot to raise the legs - the system has a built in ability to recognize the situation, and immediately start 'beeping' loudly and bringing up all the legs. This happens if I forget to do this myself, and put the coach into GEAR. There is an interlock between the two that provides this protection.
Interestingly, I sometimes actually find it easier to just do this, rather than going thru the motions of turning ON the Leveling panel, hitting the 'Auto Retract' button, and then turning the system back OFF when it's complete. It'll do it all ITSELF, otherwise!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum