Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 12:05 PM   #17
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
We have an RV version of the Garmin...which we use occasionally...however, I suggest, rather than using your phone (which I have done in a pinch)..get or use an iPad...I have a iPad mini 2 which is relatively small and out dated compared to the present models...but this is a perfect workhorse of a tablet...the screen is large enough to read a map..pinch zoom...and is easily charged with the usb port on our radio. It, like your phone is only as good as your phone service...but I can anticipate when I might be losing a signal and take a screen shot to use.
NOW...regarding looking ahead for RV parks...I generally begin working a couple hours ahead of our stopping for the day...I depend on RV Parks Reviews...and Google 'RV Parks near (town)...then I read the reviews...make sure they easy to navigate, etc. AND .. I call directly to the office...no reservations through a 2nd party booking.

So there ya go ! If you are pulling a toad...make sure you use Satellite view of gas stations and restaurants...so, again, you can navigate and park with ease.

keep us all posted on your progress !
I have a small, inexpensive, Samsung tablet I use that is WiFi only: I tell google maps to download all the map data for our next trip so it doesn't need an internet connection.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum