Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 08:39 PM   #11
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
My dad had michelins on a pickup truck once...I wish I could remember the numbers but it s truly jaw dropping the number of years and miles on those things... something well north of 100K miles...and he in no way babied them not even close. The only thing likely he would have never speeded with them.... but he worked, hauled, weather, off-road, never garaged

On the other hand, the OEM michelins on my mototorhome went boom mid April 2017
I don't recall the date codes but the RV was "born" March 12, 2013 and I remember the tires were dated somewhere close to that... so let's just be safe and say around about 4-1/2 years old

not too many miles on them...in fact the tread looked next to new. I had babied them keeping the pressures up diligently since owning it, but of course I have no history of what eh dealer or delivery driver did with them.
My rig is a 31 so much heavier than the OP's and I have no doubt that makes a huge difference here....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum