Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 06:43 PM   #32
Budman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2014 Hurricane 34E
State: Alabama
THOR #6181
Yesterday I decided to go back over to my RV and check some more things based on answers here and from others. I did email RV Custom Products and asked some questions.
I had a converter go out recently and replaced but looking for this issue was part of that issue. RV Mobil folks told me this was going to take some time and would rather it come to the shop but I had not gotten the date yet.
Finally I decided to follow out the wiring at coach batteries. Low and behold I found a negative ground strap loose. It was touching metal enough that the batteries were staying charged but not completely full. It would not stay engaged in the use position because of the lower voltage and bad connection.
The converter immediately started charging the batteries at over 14V. I will go back in a day or 2 and check but by then they should be fully charged and converter should drop to trickle charge rate of 13.6 if I understand correctly.
I sure hope this is solved now. Thanks to all that contributed and sorry if a bit redundant. I'm ready to hit the road again I hope!!! Thanks, Dennis.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum