Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: 2016 ace 27.1
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 07:26 AM   #4
Texan

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.1
State: Texas
THOR #2240
Hi and welcome,
I have had my 27.1 for a 6 months or so now, couple of things I have learned...

Originally setting the jacks using the "Auto" button would raise the coach to far, leaving some tires off the ground. But after resetting the zero point (follow procedure in the manual) this is no longer a problem. I've never been in a position of having the need of a wheel chock.

Check the position of the Lippert Components 13398-C2 Dual Motor Synchronous Velocity Slide Controller and move it if needed. Mine was mounted in one of the bays directly below a hole and a bunch of wires leading into the rear wheel bay. 1st rain storm and module filled with water from the spray off the rear tire and died, moved the "new" unit to the inner wall and resealed the hole with more spray foam.

Remove the rear tail lights and seal the bare wood area, as the foam seals around the light clusters are prone to leak badly and eventually rots out your rear wall.

If you have the old style grill... I added a rock/bug guard to the chrome slot doors. Using plastic gutter guard, comes in a 20' roll $4 from lowes.

Always keep your finger on the retract/extend slide button for 4 sec after the motors stop making any sound. This keeps the slide Synchronized.

Load your MH as you would for a trip and get the wheel alignment done asap, makes a big difference to the handling and abnormal tire wear. Ford does offer 1 free alignment prior to 12mths/12k miles. None of the local Ford dealers could fit my MH in their bays but with prior approval I went elsewhere, then took the receipt back to Ford for a refund.

Also look into the "cheap handling fix" CHF, took about an hour to do and the MH is a pleasure to drive now.

Put some tape around the top and bottom of the table supports, this stops that squeaking when in motion.

Keep the "store/use" switch in use while driving as this charges the house batteries. And put into store if not being used for a few days... radio/gas detector and other stuff are still live and putting a drain on your batteries.

Really enjoying our 27.1 but there quite a "to do" list of preventative/upgrade things, learned from others on this and other forums.

Have fun and be safe
Tex.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.