Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 09:21 PM   #5
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
IF If if.... Thor can pull this off correctly. I believe it will shakeup the whole Class B / C industries. The others will have to step up their game in Quality or Lower Pricing.
Yes, very big “IF”. I’m skeptical in large part due to the mentioned capital investment of only $8 to $10 million which isn’t very much in 2020 dollars. I can’t see that level of investment buying much automation.

I wouldn’t necessarily rule out how Hymer may influence smaller Class A designs. Class As are a large part of their European business. The real question is whether younger Americans will want smaller and lighter motorhomes, or whether they continue to prefer the much larger and heavier units of previous generations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Chance...remember that age old statement..."be careful what you ask for...you just may get it"?
Agree 100%.

However, if we don’t like whatever anyone comes up with, we don’t have to act on it. The biggest problem is the time we may waste hoping some company will build a motorhome we finally want to own and or drive. We can easily argue that wasted time is even worse than wasted money.

For what it’s worth, the new Thor “B” vans are largely Hymer designs, and that was probably a plus. We’ll see if they also influence future small Cs and As.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum