Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Becoming an SOB
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 09:59 PM   #23
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Chance,

Great to hear from you.

.....cut.....

Seeing as how what we wanted was a Motor Home that was under 30ft (got 28.5ft ), no "drop-down bed" over the cab (got storage and TV placement) and not a "wet bathroom"...the Viper 27V seems to fit the bill. It does have a smaller brother, the Viper 25V at 24ft 8in (just a bit smaller than our Vegas 24.1), BUT we both liked the extra room and the funny looking Euro Recliner that fits in the 27V.

Once we get the Unit and log some "stick time" with it I'll post how this little SOB does.

DocMike

Doc, between the 25V and 27V I think you made the right choice. Neither can be parked like a car anyway, so might as well get the best floorplan if just a few feet longer (granted ~4 feet longer can be issue for some).

I always prefer the bathroom on driver side to minimize drainage problems, and also think two smaller slides versus one full-wall slide is a good idea (although I personally prefer no slides at all).

I also like much of what Nexus appears to be doing by keeping motorhome lower which should improve aerodynamics, handling, and fuel economy. For us 6’-5” of headroom is more than plenty. And if it leads to a MH only 10’-7” tall overall even better.

Look forward to your review.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.