Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Propex heater.
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 11:45 PM   #14
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
interesting, and we already have a 100 gallon diesel tank

i have lots of room in basement and could route hot air hoses up through the heat vent in basement and in turn would heat the inside of the bus.
For 160 bucks you can't go wrong.
I'd have two of them installed by now if I were diesel powered.
Look a bit in Amazon and you'll find they have 'suitcase' units that just sit somewhere and run. Complete, contained, portable. Not much more money.

I'm considering one for my gas gator instead of splicing into the coolant lines for a conventional heater.

AND
For a dive into obscurity:
There are gasoline models also. They were optional equipment on many year of air cooled Volkswagen.
They are probably listed on ebay under 'vw bug heater' or something like that.
They don't have a glow plug they use a sparkplug so there's some noise(it's been eons since I've seen or thought of one. I might be wrong on the sparkplug. I'm sure heat output is very very low btu)

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum