Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Propex heater.
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 07:45 AM   #16
PaulH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
You're running lpg, you made exactly the correct choice with the unit you bought.
Diesel sucks, there's no doubt, and diesel users are pigs if you use the way they leave a pump handle as an example.
Yes mate, we've had 4 RV's and we've had all of them converted to run on LPG, with gas prices here at £1.25'ish per litre and LPG at £0.65'ish per liter, it has to be done. Yes guys, £1.25 per liter for gasoline, about £6.00 per gallon or $8.50 'ish....think on that next time you guys gripe about gas prices your side of the pond....����
Cost to convert last year for my '16 Vegas using a v10 ecu and twin tanks was £2000, I get a range on LPG of about 230 miles, and if we run out then we switch over to gasoline. So, with that cost, you have to do the miles to make it worth it, it also makes an RV much easier to sell come change time.
With regard to diesel, it's not so bad, my daily is a 7 series BMW diesel getting about 35 mpg average and we also run a small truck and the wife's car is also diesel. I do have a RAM 2500 Hemi as a toy and it's also on LPG of coarse ����

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum