Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 06:24 PM   #17
OldWEB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Homemade plenum guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
pretty pricey piece of foam.

i did a similar "smoothing" in my plenum to "guide" air more smoothly into the side ports with 1/2" foam insulation board.
I do like this idea of making my own, I have not seen one of these RVairflow pieces, but my first thought watching the video was that installing those plastic items into the side ports would reduce the open area, thus reducing airflow. I would (will?) use foil tape to smooth the cutout area as required. Figure a good way to seal between the inlet/outlet to prevent a cross-mixing of the two airs. Then maybe use some foam tape to seal between the duct hole and the fabricated insulation board.
The tricky part would be on a good design to use in fabricating the new piece. Any pictures out there?
The other thing is this purchased diverter still seems 'boxy' and may restrict airflow somewhat.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum