Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 06:52 PM   #18
Brad2018

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 26HE
State: Alabama
THOR #12744
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkterbush View Post
Hi all,
I have a 2018 Thor Freedom Elite 26HE. It seems that the air being circulated by the air conditioner is not as cold as it once was. It is a rooftop model. I'm wondering if these things recharge like an automobile air conditioner by buying the canned refrigerant and running the unit. Just curious if the fix could be that easy.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Brian
Have you done anything to your vents? If not, I have some improvements to suggest. I have the same model.

On the end vents I sprayed expanding foam. Once it dries you can shape it. Use rags to test it first. Plug the ends just past the vents. Front and back vents. You'll likely find that most of the air was blowing right past the vents. With it plugged I get a lot more air out the vents.

I also took off the inside AC cover and found the divider was loose. Also found the air diverter that sends air back to the bedroom on the driver's side wasn't properly installed. I had a lot of wasted AC going nowhere. I used some AC Duct tape and covered every space inside that same cover. It also helped reduce a lot of noise. There was air blowing across all sorts of surfaces.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum