Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 03:40 AM   #22
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by richguess View Post
My first RV was a 1995 Chinook Premiere. It is a class C (some would say a B+.) 21’, built on a Ford E350 Frame. It had the V8, the V 10 came out the following year. I restored it and loved it. There is a very vigorous and involved group of owners, with more than one Chinook owner’s forum. They were well made and are still pretty pricey for a used MH of that size. You’ll see them in the parks and on the road. All the owners wave to each other, chat about their rigs.

I recall those well.

We looked at them and also the Born Free which were similar when we purchased our Coachmen Class C ages ago. I really liked them and how they were built very solid (and heavy), but decided we needed a bit more sleeping space so got the Class C with large over-cab bed. Our children are now grown so those smaller floorplans would have worked better today.

The rounded and sleek lines looked great, but outside storage was really limited. And many of the smaller floorplans had door in rear so awning wasn’t as effective in light rain. The rear entry door also made it more difficult to carry bikes or cargo boxes on hitch carriers.

It’s funny how many of the “classic” motorhomes that people restore and form clubs around tend to be smaller than average. While I’m sure it happens, I don’t see as much interest in restoring 40+ year old huge motorhomes.

By the way, Coach House motorhomes at Tampa Super Show reminded me of Chinook and Born Free. They must be one of the last building that type of MH.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum