Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 07:38 PM   #18
GordSanClemente

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: California
THOR #17673
Update from the original OP:
I tried to do this 2 weeks ago, and by the time I was finished and posted, I was already logged out and lost what I wrote. DAMM! Writing if first in WORD this time.
The original unit ended up getting sold before we finalized. Lesson learned. I negotiated real hard and waited too long to give them the ‘lets go forward’
We had agreed to the following in writing…
• No PDI fee
• Allowing my own inspector access to the coach.
• Fully refundable deposit based on our inspection/test drive.

NEXT PAGE:
We ended up looking at other coaches besides the THOR ACE 30.4. We found the 30.3 had some nice trade offs.
We found a used 2019 30.3 with only about 4,200 miles. It had the 2 ACs and the auto levelers that were important to us. These are harder to find, since the used, single AC, no levelers version flood the market. These are all previous rentals with high mileage.

They also had a significant PDI and a DOC fee of $400. They were also firm on the price, since the coach was real clean, and they had only had it for 5 days
I asked for no PDI fee, told them I would pay no more than $100 for DOC fee, and needed the option of the inspection.
They pushed back on the DOC fee because then ‘everyone else would ask for it’. So I told them to take the $300 out of the price. They agreed. We also got it with no PDI fee. Fully refundable deposit. This was in writing before we made the trip out to see it.

We ended up not doing the independent inspection since it had so few miles.

We returned in less than a week to sign the papers. At delivery we spent the night on their lot hooked to their electric. They weren’t permitted to have a bunch of dumps and water for coaches they were selling.
We have the coach now, and are doing a first trip to a local campground to do a ‘shake out’ trip in a few days.

Here is another thing I learned since then… 2-6 amazon packages per day since purchase. I guess you never stop spending money.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum