Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 01:16 AM   #16
Topoceans

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Louisiana
THOR #17770
Thumbs down Small Windows in Thor Sequence

The salesman sold me on the small windows that open on both sides of the van for cross ventilation, which sounds like a good idea until you try to use them. Thor provides two small screens on a roller that go in sideways to install each time you open the window. First, they are hard to install each time because the small spindle hole is hidden at the top of the window opening. Finally, you unroll them out and there is a hook handle for the backside of the window, but there is a half-inch gap on the top and bottom. I don't know what world Thor lives in, but I live in a world of insects and especially mosquitoes, which makes these screens ineffective. Plus I travel with a cat that can easily escape out of these windows even with the screen. Yesterday I took two strips of velcro and put on the top and bottom of the screen, so now I can fasten the screen to keep my cat in and maybe a few fewer insects. They did not think this scenario though, so don't let an RV salesman trick you on this feature.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum