Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 06:56 PM   #41
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
I agree with Chance’s comments on the advantages of a Class B. The interior noise level, ease of maneuverability and parking and the fact that you can get the chassis repaired, the oil changed, etc. anywhere are definite pluses. For traveling, the Travalto (and Ford Transit and Mercedes vans I am sure) are similar to drive, ride in and park to my Mazda CX-5. In addition, I am looking forward to not having to maintain the fiberglass exterior of the Axis in the Florida sun. That was a nightmare. It depends on what you want and what you are willing to accept. I found my 22’ Class C marginal to drive and park in large towns and cities and the 25’ Axis was so hard I almost never did it. 21’ is the smallest that I have seen with a full (wet) bathroom, kitchen facilities and enough room to turn around. Each extra foot makes it more difficult to do the things I want to do. When I was living in the Axis for months at a time, the trade off was worth it to me. Now it is not. It is all personal preference. We shall see after our trip back and forth to a Nova Scotia this summer. Maybe we will be crying for our Axis back. But somehow I doubt it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum