Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Adding Oil
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 01:04 PM   #10
JoeDS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs mom View Post
2016 Thor 24.1. Can someone tell me how to get to the engine oil cap to check/add oil? Does something have to be removed to find the cap?
Believe it or not I have mine changed at Walmart. About $40-50$ as I recall. I use their Castrol synthetic and they stock the Ford factory filter.

You have to tell them to only use 6 quarts by the way. Their books invariably say 7quarts for the V10. There are 2 versions of the Ford V10 engine. One does use 7 quarts but ours specifies 6.

For me the easiest way to get to the filler cap is to remove the computer desk and do it from the inside. This may sound hard but its really easy. (It also lets you check the engine battery levels while you're there). Otherwise you have to use quart containers or a long tube which usually results in a spill somewhere along the line.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum