Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 02:47 PM   #6
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I'm not sure if I agree with your assumption that 'others...would be sitting in the dark', as I'm sure no one else in the same park has lost power. I also don't necessarily agree that 'just because' your voltmeter shows what you consider as 'low voltage', really is low voltage. Most any appliances or electronics have plenty of wiggle room when it comes to the variances in voltage, and are designed to handle it.

No, there's no 'haters' about using various devices, if it makes you feel good and let's you sleep easier at night, but the very vast majority of RV owners don't use them, and aren't 'in the dark', either.

Just like in anything in life, there are possibilities for 'everything you can imagine', but the reality is that the PROBABILITY is very, very slim, and well overstated by a few.

100,000+ miles over 5+ years and never any 'device' onboard or at the pedestal or any issues or problems...and we've seen a LOT of campground, rv parks, and private electrical situations where you might 'assume' there could be an issue - whether in the humidity-filled heat of the summer, or the wild low temps of the winter, or where the 'brother-in-law' is the 'electrician'. : ) It's all good, nobody's a hater.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum