Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 05:56 PM   #10
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I'm just about to be ready to install reels for macerator and power and shore water.
Do you find value in yours?
Oddly, I already have self retracting, not motor powered reels, you know the kind that clicks and spring winds itself, just sitting around(I attend far too many auctions).

But I hesitate due to the huge sizes I have.

While considering the motored units I can't see a value in having to hold down a button while the line, water or electric, drags itself back through the grass and dirt. But, I haven't had the chance to speak with anyone who uses such a reel on purpose, not just because it came with the coach and they're married to it.

I want them, due to want and a perceived convenience, but are they convenient in retracting or just convenient as a reel?
We don't hook up at a site for very long. We dump a tank, fill a tank and don't stay hooked up the whole camp time. We hook to shore power only as a convenience since it's there.

Yup, it's a hijack.
The religion associated with that electrical box is exactly that, religion, on both sides.
No one will sway.
If you have the money, buy the peace of mind and quit recruiting and justifying.
If you don't want one, quit the conversation or just post a link to the last three no-win conversation threads.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum