Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 01:43 AM   #393
rvfigs

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Flair 31E
State: New York
THOR #2025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I asked Thor if they would build with a dinette and was told no -- on two occasions. Is Thor building it with dinette, or is dealer doing the modifications? Either way it's good to see.

Please post pictures when you get yours.
Hello Chance,

When I called Thor they said they could not do it at the manufacturer level but that the change could be done at the dealer level.

The dealer ordered all the parts and will be installing it...I'm sure with a few mods.

However, before I went this route I had the following brewing in my head:

1. Build the benches using a Kreg Jig (pocket jig)
2. Upholster the benches
3. Make some cushions
4. Install the table mechanism with the following:

The 25.2 sleeping area is 46 x 74 and the 24.1 sleeping area is 60 x 74. If I'm reading this correctly, the length of the slide is the same on both units. This is the important factor.

I'm thinking that it should be a breeze getting the dinette set up in the 24.1. If you build one from scratch, then you really have a lot more control over the dimensions and the fit and finish.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum