Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #28
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Thanks for that. I am hoping the C's are much better than their A's. ....cut......
I don't have personal experience with As, but it makes sense to me that everything else being equal, quality would be superior on Cs (on average). The greater part of the unit is built in a mass-production assembly line, the fewer quality issues there should be with at least that part of the coach.

Reading all the posted reports here, it's clear some problems are much greater. An example is cracked Axis/Vegas windshields. While it involves a small percentage, the numbers are still much higher than expected from Ford windshields.

Another example is poor access to chassis battery. In an E-450 just raise the hood; in an Axis not quite so simple. The hood is also going to open and close better most of the time, etc... Some of the factory wiring under the hood appears better to me also every time I've looked under hoods of comparable Class Cs and As.

Overall I would expect fewer problems from a Class C of similar size, features, and price. Just my expectation -- doesn't make it right.

I'd still prefer to try a Class A next, but for reasons other than quality.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum