Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 03:44 PM   #13
Boondock Saint

Brand: Jayco
Model: GREYHAWK 29MV
State: Washington
THOR #17431
Obviously not all mfrs designs and builds are going to be the same, mileage will vary. If there is any enclosure for the tanks at all, the better. If there is any warm air circulation through these areas the better. The more more air that can be utilized the less current draw on the batteries from heat pads. We don't need tanks to be a balmy temp, just not froze-assed solid.

I've used a lot of that Touch-n-Foam spray in my life, and found that you can spray this in to a plastic bag or garbage bag and let it expand into a cavity without it sticking to the surfaces. Then if you need to cut it out and remove it one day, viola not stuck. So yeah, I could strictly run heating pads and add insulation all around the tanks, the pipes and valves and the electric pads might always do just fine.

A couple of years ago I went snow camping for the first week of January an hour North of Sandpoint, ID. That's the fluffy snow you see on the jeep commercials, not this heavy compact crap you get stuck in here in WA state.

The high was 6 degrees and the low was -20something depending on whos vehicle temp you believed. My 2 gl fresh water in the cab of my jeep froze solid after the first day.

I have no intentions of subjecting a motorhome to that brutality, but even if the temps were in the teens and twenties here for days straight, I need to not have to deal with it after the fact or do repairs.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum