Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 01:52 PM   #5
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
You mention AWD. There is a difference between AWD and 4WD. Most if not all full time AWD vehicles cannot be dolly towed and very few can be flat towed. 4WD vehicles can be flat towed if they have a transfer case that can be put in Neutral or have a Neutral Tow selection.

Unfortunately many of the flat tow favorites of the past can no longer be flat towed. The Honda CRV and all Subarus are examples of this.

After much research we decided on a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk for flat towing. It does weight in at a little over 5,000 pounds with the Hemi V8 but we have the towing capacity to handle it. The V6 versions are under 5K and the smaller Cherokee Trailhawk weights in at around 4K if I'm not mistaken.

My recommendation to you is to do the research because the sales people do not know what they are talking about when you mention recreational towing of a vehicle. When we were looking a major Jeep dealer around my house told me they had no Grand Cherokees with the required transfer case for flat towing. We went to another dealer and looked and found our Trailhawk. The original dealer called while we were at the second dealer and told me they had about 20 vehicles with the required transfer and my response was too late. I knew what they had but they didn't and I walked because of their desire to push something on me (a Wrangler) rather than listen to what I wanted and to see if they had it in inventory.

Happy hunting.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.