Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 02:09 PM   #1
jeffbish

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #18124
Gray water tank comes loose from dump valve fitting

I have a 2018 Thor Quantum RW28. The gray water tank is connected via a series of rigid adapters to the gray water dump valve. The fittings don't exactly line up so they're " force aligned" (about 1/2 inch) to the dump valve. The series of adapters keeps coming loose from the dump valve, I assume due to road vibration.

The sewer line runs across the coach and under the driveshaft, so I can't raise it any and it is already the lowest point on the vehicle. It is subject to damage when driving over even the slightest bump, like speedbumps or potholes.

I have tried to add additional hangers to the sewer line, but have limited options for attaching the hanger straps to the frame.

The series of adapters consist of:
a. adapter to reduce tank drain to 1.5 inch pipe
b. 1.5 inch 1/4 bend street adapter that connects to the top of the gray water valve. (the connection between this adapter and the valve keeps detaching)

Anybody else have this problem and come up with a solution?
Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.