Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 04:54 PM   #14
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
agree totally with all of your informative comments - 'new' owners are sometimes overwhelmed by the very purchase of a new 'rig', especially when it comes to 'driving' or 'towing' it, and then having to maneuver in unfamiliar fuel stations, and many times even RV Parks and Campgrounds themselves - they are not created the same : )

Highway driving is mostly easy, but most of us can struggle or be under pressure to enter and exit fuel stations. My advice is to always take things SLOW, don't let other drivers or the environment 'make' you do things quicker than you know you should. Making hard turns, entering fuel station lanes, dealing with other vehicles, and making your exit can bring about feeling that make you think you have to 'hurry', but don't - be intently SLOW in your movement. It's amazing how much better you feel after a slow and safe maneuver, versus the 'hurried' ones that you feel as though you 'barely' made without incident. IF you ever are not exactly and totally sure, GET OUT AND LOOK - walk around your rig, view all of the obstacles, then proceed with caution, but with safe intent.

also, and yes, GAS BUDDY is probably the single most important and money saving app that I've ever used, in over 100,000 miles of travel, as it has literally saved me THOUSANDS of dollars in fuel cost, and provides excellent information about the fuel station, and directions to it, and integration with Google Maps so that I can 'see' what to expect when I arrive!

Great!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.