Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Electric Step
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 03:34 PM   #5
Metalman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Thanks for the electric step manual. I have it in my electronic RV folder and will print it and put it in with the RV documents that we carry with us.

I just went out and doubled checked the step situation. There is no way that I can prevent the step from deploying. I have tried it with the step switch in both positions, with the ignition off, and even with the coach power off. Any time the door opens, the step deploys. I want to prevent if from deploying when we are parked next to a curb to avoid damaging the motor and the mechanism that moves the step.

I just checked the RV manual and it indicates that the step should be able to be kept in when the ignition is off and the step switch is off.

Shortly after we bought the motor home, I had to replace the pin between the linkage and the step. I presume the previous owner allowed the step to bash into a curb or two.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum