Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 01:54 PM   #45
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
On theme of things we can do without ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
When you buy your own campground: will all of your sites be less than 22 feet long, and have no hook-ups?

We pay for full hookups when available, which isn’t always the case since we don’t make reservations in advance as often as we use to. A few times we’ve gotten stuck with a tent site that actually worked out great.

If I designed and built my own campground, I would have an entire section for under 25-foot rigs to accommodate vans and most Sprinter and Transit rigs. Smaller concrete pads would have more trees and open space so smaller units don’t feel claustrophobic when sandwiched between two DPs or 5ers. The worst part of many campgrounds is having large rigs parked a few feet on either side, limiting your view to straight ahead or back.

Following this thread’s theme of things we can do without, I’d follow this new campground business plan. Real camping is great, but we also need places to just overnight. We’ve stayed at one place like this many times and love it (except it’s a little too close to highway). An extra 100 yards away to muffle sound would be ideal.

Quote:
“I don’t sleep well in a Wal-Mart or Flying J parking lot,” he admits, a sentiment that many RVers can agree with. “And I don’t want to be driving 5 or 6 miles off the interstate looking for a campground in the dark. I don’t need a store, I don’t need a pool, I don’t need a shower house, and I don’t want to pay for a resort just to park overnight.”

https://rvbusiness.com/missouri-deve...-park-concept/

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum