Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 08:21 PM   #3
trtlchk

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #15342
Apologies- I was actually talking to the Dometic Customer Service rep, not Thor. Thor was no help- they just told me to go to a local dealer.

The lady at Dometic took my A/C part number (641715.301CO) and then had to put me on hold because it's apparently an obscure unit that she had never seen before.

She did some research and then came back with the answer that that air conditioner model was made to some specific UL code requirements, or something like that, and it would only function with the thermostat that was installed. But, that thermostat was discontinued after the sub-contractor that made it (Inventsys) was sold.

Just to see, though, I bought a new style thermostat on Amazon (with free returns) and we tried it. Customer service was right, it didn't work. I really had hoped she would be wrong.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.