Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Another newbee
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 08:52 PM   #13
JoeDS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Quote:
Originally Posted by emallett1 View Post
My wife and I purchased a 2017 Vegas 24.1. I am more than a little concerned about not having a spare wheel and tire. Does anyone have any ideas on how to carry the spare under the coach?

I bought a spare tire and rim for about $180 and just put it in the rear storage compartment on the drivers side. Some have fitted theirs behind the hitch on the underside but mine would not fit in that space. I did buy a spare tire hitch mount that goes into the hitch just in case i ever needed the storage space. But 3 years an 22,000 miles and Ive never used the hitch carrier. We travel a lot in Canada and out west. Ive learned from many of the road service companies that if you don't have a spare on a rim they wont even come out. Remember, if you can get to a tire place no big deal. But all of the outfits that sell road service use the same road service network and if you are not near a large metropolitan area it still going to be the local wrecker guy from Billy Bobs gas station out of Hooterville.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum