Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 06:10 PM   #1
Metalman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Why the Instability?

We took a four hundred plus mile trip over the Thanksgiving weekend and encountered severe crosswinds. Even though we were pulling a sizable trailer, the RV (Windsport 27K) lunged across the solid center line by a foot or more. It was like someone lifted the front end and slid it sideways. The steering wheel didn't move much if any, since I was holding it with two hands. Generally winds or road conditions don't give me much trouble.

I understand that some owners are installing aftermarket equipment to help with such handling problems. My question is what is going on with the suspension or the steering that causes this unstable situation and how do these add-on components take care of the problem?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum