Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 01:34 AM   #54
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
the real world, tough, sometimes is not easy to make 'comparisons' for 'solar vs generator vs rv park electric', since there are also variables as to how we all 'really' live when on either of this power sources. For example, you can't just assume that 'well, I would save this amount because I have solar because 30 days at this $25 rv site would have cost me $600', because, if truth be told, it's probably very, very doubtful you would have actually 'stayed there' and paid $25 a day for 30 days. You probably would have more likely stayed only a few days, and then moved on, realizing that the cost possibly outweighs the enjoyment.
If, also, you compare having a generator vs solar, you can't also assume that just because it takes your generator 2 hours to full charge you batteries that you would have actually 'had' to do that. Many of us don't run our generators near as much because, after all, while on the generator, we make life changes that require 'less' power so that we don't have to.

It's true that 'raw' numbers can make a case for one or the other, depending on what blanks you fill in, but the reality is that we generally like to make 'our' case by passing thru numbers that weigh more for our side of the equation. It's not that simple. It WILL work for some, and may NOT for many others. It's not right or wrong, but rather information that helps those who are not as conscience of the realities take a broader 'look' at what it really means.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.