Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 11:40 AM   #82
alarmingfriend

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #10325
Firefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazinskm View Post
What is the wireless signal? Rf or Bluetooth? App option?
It depends on the model you have. In 2018 we Bought a new Challenger 37 LX and the dealer never mentioned that we could have a modem installed. Needless to say 3 months later I called Firefly and was advised earlier models used Bluetooth, the newest is wifi, the issue I have is simple. It’s called money, nickel and dime you to death, for $500 you can buy the model. Nice, don’t offer it with the Rig, don’t put it in the brochure. Sorry I am venting. Mine uses a Crestron home automation controller. That said Firefly wrote their own firmware for The Crestron board.”it is a home automation controller for residential and commercial applications.”. I have decided to live without the remote, when i need to put the awning out I use the switch by the door that I unscrewed from the wall and put velcro on it so I can grab it to Tupac the awning out or turn the porch lights on or basement lights. Original question, depending on the year call firefly it could be wifi or Bluetooth. As far as the backlighting issue, remember these are button cell batteries inside the switches and if backlit you’d be replacing the batteries every few months instead of years. Enjoy.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.