Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 05:07 PM   #19
abjbrtd

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I wouldn't vaguely begin to trust anyone about ANY vehicle that they themselves aren't towing and can't give you an idea based on 10,000 miles of real tow'd experience.
Be it that guide, which by its very name says it's a potential list not a definitive list, or someone who says:
'I tow a 2011, your 2021 should be just fine.'

Find someone presenting picture proof, or don't do it.
Simple.
I would add this.

DO NOT trust the owners manual.

We bought our 16 jeep limited because of advertisement, at the time it was "the easiest vehicle to tow"...WRONG!
While no one was watching jeep published an addendum to the 2014 to 16... Cherokee owner manual.

A lot of 2016 owners are still mad, jeep upgraded ($550. and up wiring harness for 16, 17, 18s) pre 16's for free. Jeep has finally "fixed" the problem, no more modification for 4 down towing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum