Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 06:23 PM   #12
abjbrtd

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by trtlchk View Post
Thanks Everyone!

My hubby is going to look over the wiring diagrams and try to install a thermostat from Lowes. The way we figure, there's a chance we'll get the wiring right and it will work, and if we get it wrong and fry the whole thing, we're no worse off than before.

If we do end up replacing the unit, I'm inclined to try to install an older style A/C without a thermostat- the ones that have the controls directly on the unit itself. Our last camper (a 2014 pop-up) had one of those, and I'm hoping they're still manufactured.

Then, our issue will be getting the furnace hooked up to a thermostat, but this should be easy. If we do this, we'll likely re-locate the thermostat, since the furnace blows right on it and it tends to short cycle which drives me crazy and causes the "kitchen" to be warm while the "bedroom" is freezing. If you're not familiar with the layout of this rig, it's cozy, shall we say?
We have 1 of these, black from Amazon. It works really well.
DW 3840RBK Heat Vent
here's a beige one from Ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-1-2-Face-...edirect=mobile

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.