Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: No Power!
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 12:42 AM   #2
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
check the breaker where you 'plugged in', first...

then check the fuse on the side of your Inverter, which could have popped/tripped

then check your own RV Main breaker in your breaker panel, and the breaker that feeds the Inverter(pass thru, Battery charger)...

something similar happened to us the other night, where we've been parked for months, suddenly 'no power'... well, what was really happening was that the Inverter was suddenly providing power, not the 50amp shore power, as it was supposed to.

I checked the main Shore breaker, o.k.
I checked my own Main breaker, o.k.
I checked and read with my voltmeter my shore cord connection to my ATS,. o.k.
My voltmeter read just fine EVERYWHERE, and yet my Inverter was still 'inverting'...

o.k., it was the 'last thing' I thought about checking - the Inverter's own Fuse, which had popped. Pushed it back in, and Shore Power was again live.

Here's what happened. It was cold. We were running several electrical space heaters, on several different circuits, one being the GFCI circuit which also has the kitchen outlets and the bathroom outlet. My wife decided to use the hair dryer, which the inverter's fuse then could not handle, and tripped/popped, even though it's breaker did not.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum