Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Electric Step
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 01:16 AM   #19
Metalman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Mine has 2 steps and the leading edge of the lower step is about 2 feet away from the coach when extended. That is why the shin gets hit after I unlock and open the door.

I am considering (not certain yet) having the Direct Response system put on my awning when I take the coach to the dealer in January. Doing that will allow me to keep the awning out while I'm away from the coach and not worry about high winds ripping it to shreds. That will allow me to keep the awning lights on while I'm away as well.
I have heard about these systems and for those who spend a lot of time camping with the awning set up, I think it's important. I've watched awnings get torn off, blown across the RV roofs, and otherwise destroyed in strong winds. Since we generally use our motor home as a basecamp for motorcycle riding, we don't deploy our awning very often.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.