Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 03:44 AM   #26
Lt Keefer

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Quote:
Originally Posted by VetPartTimer View Post
Would you be willing to share all the details of your handling improvement upgrades for your 29M?
- Sumo - front springs?
- Any stabilizer bars?
- Shocks?
- Steering stabilizer?

I would really like for it to steer and ride better, but I worry about spending thousands and thousands of dollars to end up with only "marginally" better.

What exactly have you done and what % better would you estimate each of the upgrades and then in total?

I have a 2016 29M and have only done the CHF. Am thinking I will add the Safe-T-Plus to help with the steering. The ride is pretty harsh, but then the roads here in CA are crap so . . . . I'm somewhat of the opinion that nothing is going to make a big truck, motorhome, whatever ride smooth when your roads are complete crap.

Just don't want to waste time and $$$$$$$$ if I have to wonder whether the upgrades actually made a difference or not.

Thanks for any info you feel like sharing!!!
Here us everything I did to my 29m. Front end alignment, fully loaded weight on a Cat scale to get weights for correct tire pressures, CHF front and rear, saf t plus, front sumos. Before any of these were done I felt the coach was undrivable as delivered from the factory. I joined this forum and got loads of info for handling improvements and took what I thought was a budget minded methodical approach. The first three things made the coach easy to drive, but it still wore me out after 200 miles or so. The last things make the coach enjoyable to drive and I could go all day if I chose to do that.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum