Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: My ACE 27.1
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 04:05 AM   #3
Forest Grump

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwain65 View Post
Great job, Did you use one of the existing roof penetrations or make a new one? Run the power cords under coach to front batteries?
I ran the 8g solar, parallel, into the space above the TV cabinet in the rear, via a 1" hole I cut. Then into the rear closet, another 1" hole. There is a 120 outlet there, I went through next to it. From there I used copper splices to splice the 8g to 2g red and white wires. I was sure at that spot in the roof, right next to an aluminum brace that I would not negatively effect the structural integrity of the roof and possible existing wires, a clean shot I guess. I was sure of that spot and then sealed it with TPO caulk.

I then cut a 1.25 hole into the bottom of the rear closet into the water tank space. I ran exterior flexible blue solid plastic conduit from the sewage bay to the back of the hot water heater - furnace bay through 1.25" holes. Then the 2g wires from the solar controller to the 8g wires.

The inverter, fuse pull/disconnect and solar controller are all in the sewage bay. I used the same conduit to run 2g to the batteries a clear open shot across. I used 2/0 welding wire to hook the inverter up running in split automotive conduit, next to the solar conduit and a bunch of other existing wire. I ran the inverter 120v and external solar charge controller wire up into the existing hole for the furnace duct, under the bathroom counter through the large square cutout between that space and the electrical bay under the L shaped seat. Put a new transfer switch there along with a new sub. I get little to no detectable voltage loss with the 2g, think I bought two strands 35'.

Have seen 27+ amps going to the batteries. Theoretical is 27 too.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.