Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 10:06 PM   #21
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I would have a scheduled service with the dealer that will accept you, even if many months out, as you have already established that you have these warranty problems - it would still be a warranty item, no matter how 'long' the dealer, or Thor, takes to fix it...

then I would search out local 'RV Service' business, not dealers, but those who actually ONLY work on RVs for their pay. THEY will be your friends, and they will work for THOR warranty just like any other 'dealer' would. THOR cannot demand that you only use 'their' dealers, nor anyone specifically. Send THOR an email, spell out your issues, let them know you want it covered by your warranty, and that you need their help in getting it resolved, in a LOCAL area, within a reasonable time. You have then set your warranty into motion, even if your warranty has technically expired by the time someone can repair it, as long as you are intent on making it happen in a timely matter.

I contacted THOR when I had a slide issue. The main 20' slide would no longer retract properly all the way at the rear. We were in South Carolina, on a business trip to California over the next week. THOR suggested that they send over a mobile repair service, but we had to leave to stay on our schedule.

We were camped for an extended time at a CA state park that did not allow service to be performed on site. We also didn't want to change our plans, so Thor also gave us the option of bringing it to their own Thor Service Center in Wakarusa, IN, a month later. Since we could manage that in our schedule, and even though we drove thru snow and ice thru Nevada, Utah, and other states on the way to Wakarusa, we liked the idea of having Thor's own service center take care of the full-wall slide motor/gear/shaft/rail/column replacement. They also have a great free on-site rv park with full 50amp service, while you wait, and they pick up your coach at 7am and return it at 4pm, all done!
Even with this later appointment at the service center, and though technically past our warranty, they knew that we had already made our 'claim' for the warranty work, but it just took them that long to get us in.
Also, the small amount of the rear of the slide being out made no difference while traveling, it was only 1-2 inches.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.