Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 02:33 PM   #8
sikoriko

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 23U
State: California
THOR #1490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
Once it is determined what "normal" voltage is, the meters can be used to tell whether or not there is a problem with the battery. You meter looks like it's a good one; much more refined than mine.

I looked through some of your Photobucket photos and noticed that you have an antenna on your ladder. Is that a CB antenna? I have been trying to figure out where to mount a ham radio antenna, which is about the same size as your antenna. I would use the ladder, but it's such a long way to run coax to the cab. A friend mounted a through-the-glass antenna on his windshield and he says it works well.
Antenna is a CB radio. I ran a 25 foot RF cable under the coach and found a hole in the fire wall under the steering column. I just using the meter for myself not to let the batteries go under the 12.42 V or 80%. thats just for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.