Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 01:24 AM   #1
Winter

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alaska
THOR #7621
ACE 29.3 2016 Heater not working when it rains

I have an ACE29.3.

The problem was the control board is on the bottom of the cabinet and is getting wet in heavy rain.

Now, the manufacturer of the furnace will not admit there is anything wrong.

We had this problem for two years, were about to sell the coach and take a loss.

One final try recently, someone from the dealership, no longer under warranty, and I called Thor. One conversation was enlightening. The Thor rep knew right away what I was talking about and said there is a relocation kit for the control board, it has a new board and bracket to get it off the ground. Contacting the vendor, of course they say there is no problem, but, you can order the relocation kit. Even though there is nothing wrong they have a kit to fix it. SMH.

Anyway, installed that today. It’s been an experience to get a solution but at least we have one. I hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5494.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	22711Here are the directions for it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.