Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 04:56 PM   #22
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDreamin' View Post

.....cut....

We have been looking at B+ rigs in the 23’ - 24’ range from different makers. The new Ford Transit AWD platform is a game changer for us if it is really on the horizon this 2020 model year. Does anyone know if any RV manufacturers are taking orders with this new drive setup?
Coach House is advertising their new Platnium III 250 on AWD Transit chassis with EcoBoost V6. However, it’s a bit longer at 25’-6”, plus they tend to be pricey. I’d give them a call just to confirm that Ford is already making the AWD Cutaway chassis available to RV manufacturers.

At Tampa RV Super Show a Coachmen factory representative said they had ordered some Transit chassis with AWD, EcoBoost, and dual alternator option (something I had been discussing with him). Again, you could give the factory a call to see if they know when AWD Transit will reach dealer lots.

The cost adder for Transit AWD is not as high as for Mercedes Sprinter 4WD, but is still significant, so demand may not be great in Class Cs and B+. I personally expect that Transit AWD will be more popular in Class Bs because they are more likely to go off-road.

Unlike Mercedes, Ford has stated they are making AWD available in Cutaway chassis. I’ve already seen AWD vans for sale, but no Class B+ yet.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum