Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 03:16 PM   #6
brucev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Metalman, I am not technical enough to understand all the physics of suspension systems, but I believe it is the way the coaches are built and the need to keep costs down so they opt for marginal components. The sway bars I had installed were somewhat larger than stock which reduced the rocking motion and sway caused by passing trucks considerably. I expect the steering stabilizer to tighten up the front end and help with soft steering, the tendency to wander and rut tracking. I don’t want to make this a Roadmaster commercial because it seems all the manufacturers have their fans depending on the brand installed. I have a Roadmaster tow bar and Sway bars so I opted for their steering stabilizer too (and it was on sale at CW). I would suggest you call Roadmaster customer service department and I bet they have someone that will answer your questions. I have spoken with them twice and they seem to be knowledgeable and willing to help. You can also go to their web page and probably any other manufacturer’s web page and get answers to your questions.
Roadmaster Inc. - Tow Bars, Braking Systems & RV Accessories
Then there is also YouTube. I have seen a few videos about blowouts that helped convince me to spend the money. Also, keep coming back to this thread as more answers and opinions are submitted and eventually you will get the details you are looking for.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum