Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 01:30 AM   #106
Luke D

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #17954
Ford 7.3 Design by Mr Beltramo

Quote: "we built a map where an engine can run stoichiometric air fuel without a bunch of spark retard. It is critical for an engine to operate at peak power with optimal air fuel ratio. From here we worked backwards. "we built a map that let us to torque per liter value and power per liter valve. Knowing that, boxed us to 7.3 liters.
Ford Push rod design with our Company since the early 50's was our model. the Mercury Bravo 7.3 Marine engine a blueprint for block , piston, rod and valve design.
So a little over 445 cubic inch engine was brought back to life with todays upper bells and whistles.New fuel delivery design and valve design that produces lower RPM HP and Torque. It was the best solution for the over 14,000lb segment. Lower RPM of course better fuel mileage.
I totally respect Chance's Post but wanted to show where my thoughts came from. I was following up on a requested opinion. AS a note the Motor Coach has a six speed automatic married to it on the F53 chassis. the multi speed will be used on the super duty F series. The new combo is already been produced and sold in Class A motor homes, maybe others as a retired ASME mechanic and mechanical engineer I have feelers out for that answer.
The other issue reliability. Ford published reports, as well as Consumer reports have a very high dependability rating for the V-10 Triton. FORD states the engine life design was for a quarter of a million miles.
My hope remains the same , that the new 7.3 exceeds all expectations.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum